Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2011

Baghdad: 8 years later



I can't recognize this city anymore. What a sad sad reality. I can't recognize streets because of the concrete walls, and I don't know anymore here anymore. All my friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, and coworkers have fled the country.     

The ten words I could think of to describe Baghdad are: Garbage, checkpoints, barb-wires, concrete walls, armored vehicles,  flak jackets, bodyguards, personal security detail (PSD), corruption, and death. 

Let me see if i can use all 10 words in a sentence... 
Here is a picture from my armored vehicle -- while wearing a flak jacket and accompanied by bodyguards and my PSD -- of some concrete walls, barb wires, and garbage right before a checkpoint on my way to meet some corrupt politicians.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...